Introducing our classic, best-selling New Zealand beeswax crayon. Perfect as a first crayon option for toddlers and young children. Check out our stage chart below!
- The perfect first crayon: The unique chubby shape of Honeysticks Originals makes them easier for small hands to hold but much harder for small hands to break! Each crayon is 55mm long and 20mm in diameter.
- Natural + food-grade ingredients: Handmade using 100% pure New Zealand beeswax and food-grade pigments for colour. Non-toxic and safe for toddlers and children, with no paraffin wax or cheap fillers.
- Sustainable and low impact: The beeswax used to create Honeysticks is a natural by-product of honey production. This sustainable process causes minimal impact on the environment and gives the crayons a wonderful honey scent.
- 12 exciting colours: Get creative and explore! Our food-grade colours easily bond to the paper, posters or artboard.
- Crafted with love in Aotearoa, New Zealand: Designed by families, for families.
100% Pure Beeswax Crayons crafted with love in New Zealand. Available in different sizes and shapes to support each stage of children’s grip development and various drawing styles.
Stage 1: Scribble
Short and stubby, Originals and Triangles are ideal as first crayons. Start with Originals, then move onto Triangles – specifically designed to help little hands to move away from a fisted grip.
Stage 2: Draw
With their extra-long and thick design, Super Jumbos are perfect for little artists who are learning to develop their grasp and gradually gain better control on paper.
Stage 3: Write
Jumbos are larger than most standard crayons - making them perfect for little artists who have developed a more controlled grip, making them ideal for drawing and writing.
100% pure New Zealand beeswax and soy/beeswax
Non-toxic, food-grade pigments for colour
No chemical smell... just the natural scent of pure beeswax!
Free from nasties used to make most other crayons
Safe for infants and children of all ages